Connect On LAN
- What's the task?
Provide on-LAN support and maintenance without end-user interaction.
The Connect On LAN feature allows technicians to connect to any computer on your Local Area Network.
- How long will it take?
- About five minutes.
- What do I need to know?
- The technician’s Technician Group must have Connect On LAN permission in the Administration Center.
Try it yourself...
- Click the Computers icon
Session Toolbar, click the
- Click the Connect On LAN tab
Connect On LAN tab to see a list of computers that you can access on the local network.
Tip: Filter computers by name or IP address. You can search and connect at any time. You do not need to wait for the entire list of computers to load.
- Select a computer
- Double-click the computer you want to access.
If you do not have Administrator rights, you are prompted to enter the login credentials of the computer you want to access.
- Click OK to connect to the computer. The session appears in the Technician Console as Waiting. The applet launches on the remote computer.
- Start the session
- Click Start Session (or double-click the session).
- That's it
- Proceed as usual with your Rescue session. The customer does not have to grant access to the computer, so you can manage it without customer interaction.
Parent article: Ten Things to Try (Getting Started with Rescue)
Previous article: Record Your Session
Next article: Try Rescue Lens
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022