Start a Session
- What's the task?
- You’ll initiate a PIN Code session with a customer (for now, you’ll pretend to be the customer).
- How long will it take?
- Less than five minutes.
Try it yourself...
- It all starts with one click
In the Technician Console, click
- Click the PIN Code tab
Rescue offers many ways to connect to customers. PIN Code is the most popular. Under
Connection Method, click the
PIN Code tab.
- Create a PIN Code
- Click the Create PIN Code button.
- The customer enters the PIN
- Ask the customer to go to the PIN code entry site: LogMeIn123.com.
- The customer enters the PIN, and clicks Start Download.
The customer sees a dialog box asking them to download the Rescue Applet.
- The customer downloads and runs the Rescue Applet
Tell the customer to click
Run (maybe twice) to download and run the Applet. The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds.
The exact procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system and browser.
- Pick up the session
To pick up the session, just double-click it (or select it and click
Customer Status will change to Active, and you're in!
- Need more info?
- If you need more complete step-by-step instructions, there’s an entire section of articles about starting sessions. You can also read about the pros and cons of each connection method.