Troubleshoot the Customer's Computer
Figure out what’s wrong. Not with the world. Just with the customer’s computer.
- What's the task?
- You’ll retrieve system information from the customer’s computer. You’ll learn more about the customer’s machine before launching remote control.
- How long will it take?
- Less than five minutes.
Try it yourself...
- Start a session
- Need a refresher? Go to Start a Session (the big number 1).
- Go to the System Info tab
Once the session is Active, click the Technician Console
System Info tab. You’ll see lots of other tabs, like Processes, Services, Applications, and more. Click
Request Information on any tab.
The customer may be prompted to accept or decline your request to pull information. If so, ask the customer to accept the request. The info appears on your screen.
- Mess around!
- The data is read-only. Use it to figure out what might be wrong with the customer’s computer.
- Need more info?
- There's an entire section of articles about System Information.
Parent article: Ten Things to Try (Getting Started with Rescue)
Previous article: Start a Session
Next article: Rescue Somebody
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022