Setting up Web Shortcuts
Upload a list of Web Shortcuts and assign them to technician groups. Technicians can push shortcuts to a customer's home screen from the Click2Fix tab, thereby giving customers access to frequently used sites.
- Upload the Web Shortcuts that you want technicians to be able to push. Here's how:
- Select the Global Settings tab.
- Under , click New.
- In the Icon Label field, name the icon. This name is seen by technicians before push, and by customers after push.
- Enter the URL that you want technicians to be able to send. Important: Use http:// or https:// format.
- Upload the Icon that you want technicians to be able to send. This icon is seen by technicians before push, and by customers after push. Important: Icon requirements:
Important: Do not forget to click Upload.
- .png format
- Same width and height
- Maximum 512 pixel width and height
- Click Apply and Save Changes.
- Once you have uploaded Web Shortcuts, you must make them available to technician groups. Here's how:
- Select a technician group.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Web Shortcut Availabilty, select shortcuts from the right panel and click Add to make them available to the group.
- Save your changes.
How does this work for the technician? In the Technician Console, technicians use the Click2Fix Web Shortcuts widget to push Web Shortcuts to customers.