Setting up Access Point Presets
This article gives guidance to Rescue Administrators.
Upload and assign packages of APN settings that technicians can push to the customer's device.
- Upload APN packages. Here's how:
- Select the Global Settings tab.
- Under , click New.
- Enter values for mandatory fields and any other optional settings:
Option Description Access Point Name (APN) The short name of the carrier's network. (required) Preset name The name as it will be seen by the technician in the Technician Console. (required) Proxy Server The IP address of the carrier's proxy server that the customer's device connects to. Proxy Server Port The port that the customer's device uses to communicate with the proxy server. Username The username to access the carrier's proxy server. Password The password to access the carrier's proxy server. Server The IP address of the carrier's WAP server. MMSC The URL of the carrier's MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) server. MMS Proxy The IP address and port of the carrier's MMS server. MCC Mobile Country Code (required) MNC Mobile Network Code (required) Type The type of the carrier's network. Generally internet, mms, or default.
- Click Apply and Save Changes.
- Once you have uploaded the APN packages, you must make them available to technician groups. Here's how:
- Select a technician group.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Access Point Preset Availabilty, select presets from the right panel and click Add to make them available to the group.
- Save your changes.
Results: How does this work for the technician? In the Technician Console, technicians use the Click2Fixwidget to push settings to customers.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022