Initiate OAuth Security
This integration uses OAuth to authenticate calls from LogMeIn Rescue back into ServiceNow. In ServiceNow, you will be registering an OAuth application and then placing a request that will load the OAuth credentials.
- As a user with a system admin role, change the Application scope to LogMeIn LogMeIn Rescue Integration.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Developer. Then, in the Application select box, select LogMeIn Rescue Integration.
- Navigate in the left navigation menu to .
- Create a new record.
- Select Create an OAuth API Endpoint for external clients.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Client Secret
This can be entered manually or automatically generated.Note: Ensure that the client secret field does not contain special characters such as ^&<>?.
- Refresh Token Lifespan
Note: The Refresh Token is defaulted to 8,640,000 seconds (100 hours). You can set it to a longer time frame, such as a year.
- Click Submit.
- Take note of the OAuth name as you will need it in the next steps.
- Click Save.