Setting Up Scripted Live Guide
By adding a single line of code to your website, you can provide an integrated user experience to your customers saving them from having to navigate to a separate domain to start the shared browsing session. They can initiate shared browsing directly from your website. The session does not even need to start from your homepage, but from the exact part of the website from where the customer initiated the session.
How to set up and get the script
- Log in to the Rescue Live Admin Center, and click the Live Guide tab in the upper menu bar.
- Navigate to the Script section of the page.
- Under Settings, apply the settings based on how you want to use Live Guide.
Note: The settings applied here make changes to the script you need to add to your website. Therefore, you need to apply these setting before you copy the script and add it to your website.
- Start session with keyboard shortcut (CTRL+Y)
Enable customers to start a co-browse session with the Ctrl+Y keyboard shortcut (available both for Windows and Mac).
Note: This keyboard shortcut cannot be customized.Important: This setting is included in the script, so once you have added the script to the supported website, it can only be changed by updating the script in the website code.
- Live Guide script for product integrations
Enable this option if you use Live Guide in a product integration.
Note: Currently, Live Guide offers integration with Microsoft Dynamics. Integration with Bold360 is coming soon.
- Click Copy to Clipboard to copy the script custom to your Live Gide account.
- Add the custom script to your website.