Starting a Rescue Lens Session from the Technician Console by SMS
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field.
This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the SMS tab.
- Type the customer's phone number into the To: field.
The SMS containing the PIN code will be sent to this phone number.
- Click Send SMS.
- Ask the customer to open the SMS message, and click the link to launch the Rescue Lens app. Note: If the Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK.
At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
The session appears in the Technician Console.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.