Starting a Rescue Lens Session from the Technician Console by Link and Messaging Tool
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field.
Result: This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click Copy Link to Clipboard.
Result: The link is copied to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into your messaging tool and send it to your customer.
- Ask the customer to open the message, and click the link to launch the Rescue Lens app. Note: If the Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK.
Result: At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Result: The session appears in the Technician Console.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.