Setting up Remote Control Defaults
Define how you want Remote Control sessions to behave for a selected Technician Group.
How to Set up Screen Recording
Define how and when Lens sessions are recorded.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Screen Recording, select from the following options:
Option Description Forced screen recording Choose this option to record all Lens sessions conducted by members of the selected Technician Group. Screen recording location Specify a central location to which recorded sessions will be saved. You can save locally, to a network location, or to an FTP, HTTP, or HTTPS server.Examples:
Restriction: For technicians working on Technician Console for Mac, uploading screen recordings to an HTTP or HTTPS server is not available.Tip: User name and password in the URL are only required when the host or proxy requires authentication. When credentials are omitted from URL, the Technician Console will prompt for credentials. Credentials in the URL are allowed, but not recommended.
- Network: \\computer\directorypath. For example, \\support\recordings
- Local: C:\recordings
- External server:
<scheme>://<user>:<pass>@<domain>:where <scheme> is ftp, http, and https. For example, ftp://user:email@example.com:21/recordings
Deferred Upload of Screen Recordings By default, screen recordings are uploaded to the screen recording location in real time, as the session occurs. This works well in a high bandwidth environment, but may cause performance issues if a technician is using a low bandwidth connection. Select Deferred Upload of Screen Recordings to temporarily save all screen recordings to the technician’s local drive and then upload them to the screen recording location as bandwidth becomes available. If the Technician Console is closed while uploading a file, it starts the upload process upon restarting the Technician Console. If you select FTP, HTTP, or HTTPS as a Screen recording location, deferred upload is automatically enabled regardless of your settings.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization