Setting up Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow you to collect information about your customers or sessions.
How to Name Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow you to collect information about your customers or sessions. Set the name of fields as they will appear in reports and in the Technician Console.
- Select the Global Settings tab.
- Under Custom Fields, set the names of the various fields.
Option Description Name for name field This field is used as a primary session identifier. Some organizations may want to use an employee number or ID code instead of a given name. Name for custom fields These are further session identifiers. Technicians can add these fields as columns on their Session List. Technicians with permission to use Inline Editing of Queue will be able to edit the values entered in these fields during a session.
- Click Save changes.
How to Enable Custom Fields for Private Sessions
Custom Fields appear in the Technician Console on the Create New Session dialog box. They are seen by a technician while creating a new session.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Custom Fields (Private Sessions), choose from the following options:
- Select Enabled to activate a Custom Field. It will be displayed on the Create New Session dialog box
- Select Mandatory for each field that must be completed by the technician before a new session can be generated
- Select Open text if you want technicians to be able to enter any text in the field’s text box (up to 64 characters)
- Select Drop-down to add a drop-down list and choices to a field
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization