How to Set Time-outs and Warnings
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Time-outs, select from the following options:
Option Description Private code validity period The length of time a PIN Code or Link remains valid. If a customer attempts to start a session after this period has expired, he receives a message saying that the PIN Code or Link has expired. Connecting sessions will time out The length of time a connecting session remains valid. The session will be removed from the Technician Console queue after the specified time is exceeded. Waiting sessions will time out The number of minutes after which a waiting session (a session in a queue that has not yet been picked up) is dropped from a technician's queue. The session is displayed in red before being removed. The period can be between 1 and 999 minutes. A value of 0 means sessions will never time out. Active session idle time-out The number of minutes after which an Active session will be ended if no action is taken by the technician or customer. The period can be any length between 1 and 999 minutes. A value of 0 means an active session will never time out. On Hold sessions will never time out. Time-out alarms Use predefined colors to highlight Time-out and Waiting session alarms. The connection and/or wait times can be specified in seconds, including multiple alarms to escalate waiting sessions in the Technician Console.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply the settings to the current Technician Group.
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization.
- Click Save settings to all subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups.
How to Set Global Session Time-out
Global Session Time-out defines the length of time after which a session is dropped from the Technician Console queue.
The time-out period can be set between 10 hours and 14 days.
- Select the Global Settings tab.
- Under Global Session Time-out, define the length of time after which a session is dropped from the Technician Console queue.
- Click Save changes.