Starting a session in the WebConsole
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a PIN code.
Technician Starts the Session
- Log in to the WebConsole.
- On the Session toolbar, click New session.
The Create New Remote Support window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field.
Result: This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Fill in the Service and Phone fields if necessary.
Note: You can configure the filed names in the Admin Center under .
- Click Generate PIN.
Result: A 6-digit PIN code is generated and displayed in the Create New Remote Support window and in the Session Log.
- Send the PIN to the customer.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the WebConsole once the customer entered a valid PIN.