How can I add a new Intel EMA Server Configuration?
You can learn from this article how to add a new Intel EMA server configuration to your Technician Console.
- In the Tools menu, select Manage Intel EMA Server Configurations.
Note: The option is available for Rescue Admins only.
- Select Add new.
- Enter the name of the Intel EMA server into the Name box.
- Enter the URL of the Intel EMA server into the Server URL box.
- Select the authentication method matching the Intel EMA server.
- Optional: Fill in the username and password boxes.
Note: If no username and password are provided, Rescue will ask for Intel EMA user credentials on the first use and allow to optionally save them in an encrypted form in the user-local registry.
Rescue will have the same level of access and permissions as the Intel EMA user configured:
- The Intel EMA user must have at least the "Endpoint Group" (or more privileged) role to access provisioned devices
- The Intel EMA user can only access devices of Intel EMA endpoint groups they are members of
- The Intel EMA user must be a member of an Intel EMA user group with sufficient access rights in order to perform any state-changing operations on the device (like executing power actions):
- until Intel EMA v.1.10: the user group must have "Execute" access right
- from Intel EMA v.1.11: the user group must have at least the "Hardware Manageability" and "Power Operation" access rights