Integration of Rescue Live Guide and Microsoft Dynamics Omnichannel for Customer Service
Allow Microsoft Dynamics users to provide real-time guided assistance to their customers using Rescue Live Guide, with all customer and session details logged into Microsoft Dynamics.
Integrating Rescue Live Guide and Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Admin role
- LogMeIn Rescue Live Guide account with access to the Administration Center
Install the Rescue Live Guide Solution App
The LogMeIn Rescue Live Guide solution app needed for integrating Microsoft Dynamics Omnichannel for Customer Serivce and LogMeIn Rescue Live Guide is available from Microsoft App Source.
Log in to Microsoft Dynamics, and search Microsoft AppSource for the solution app to install it from there following the usual AppSource app install procedure.
- Run the LogMeIn Package Deployer by executing the PackageDeployer.exe file. This will prompt you to log into your MS Dynamics environment to install the package.
- Click Next.
- Once the package is verified, click Next to proceed.
- Verify that the installation is complete without errors and click Next.
- Click Finish.
The installation of the package is complete.
Configure the Solution App
- Navigate to your Omnichannel Administration Center and enable the Live Guide Co-browse provider.
- Under Settings, navigate to CoBrowse Configuration.
- Create a new record by adding url in the Name field.
- Enter the site containing your Omnichannel chat widget in the Value field.
Create Rescue Live Guide Users
- Configure the users you want to use Rescue Live Guide. Note: Rescue Live Admins can create Rescue Live Guide users in the Rescue Live Administration Center. For detailed information see, How to Add an Agent.
- Make sure that a Rescue Live Guide license is assigned to the each user. For detailed information see, How to Allow Agents to Use Rescue Live Guide.
Live Guide Reporting
Starting a Co-Browse Session in Microsoft Dynamics
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Omnichannel for Customer Service account.
- Select and open a chat support session under the My work items section.
- At the top of the chat panel, click the Live Guide icon.
Note: At this point you may be prompted to log in to Rescue Live Guide.A new Live Guide AppTab opens, and a new Live Guide co-browse session is created. The session start URL is automatically copied to the chat window.
- Invite your customer to join the session by sending them the session start URL.
- Ask the customer to click the session URL.
A new browser tab is opened on the customer's device displaying the Dynamics 365 Omnichannel chat window.
- Ask the customer to click the Start browsing together button to start the co-browse session.
The co-browse session starts. You can chat with the customer via Dynamics 365 Omnichannel while co-browsing.
- To end the session, you need to terminate the co-browse session first, otherwise you cannot close the Dynamics 365 Omnichannel chat session.