Using the ServiceNow/LogMeIn Rescue Connector
Technicians follow these steps to take advantage of the ServiceNow/LogMeIn Rescue integration.
- In ServiceNow, create and save a new incident.
Important: The incident must be saved in ServiceNow before a LogMeIn Rescue PIN can be generated.
- Click Generate LogMeIn Rescue PIN.
Result: The Generate LogMeIn Rescue PIN window is displayed.
- Enter your LogMeIn Rescueuser name and password.
- Enter your ServiceNow Password.
Result: If you enter an invalid ServiceNow password, the PIN is generated, but upon session end the activity log will be emailed to the technician rather than synchronized with ServiceNow.
- Click OK.
Result: A LogMeIn Rescue PIN is generated. Depending on email configuration, the technician receives an email with the PIN and sees a pop-up in ServiceNow, while the customer receives a PIN with a link to create a LogMeIn Rescue session.Remember: Receiving an email with the PIN code also depends on related settings on the Settings page of LogMeIn Rescue Integration in ServiceNow. See Configure ServiceNow.
- Manage the session in LogMeIn Rescue.
Result: Upon session end, the following information is synchronized from LogMeIn Rescue to ServiceNow:
- All chat dialog
- All session history and actions
- All information entered into the Notes & History tab during the session