Using the ServiceNow/Rescue Connector
Technicians follow these steps to take advantage of the ServiceNow/Rescue integration.
The instructions below also apply when using the Case record type.
Note: A separate add-on is required for the Cases functionality.
Note: To be able to use the ServiceNow connector, you must have at least “soap_upate” and “itil” roles.
- In ServiceNow, create and save a new incident. Important: The incident must be saved in ServiceNow before a Rescue PIN can be generated.
- Click Generate LogMeIn PIN.
The Generate LogMeIn PIN window is displayed.
- Enter your LogMeIn Rescue user name and password.
- Enter your ServiceNow Password.
If you enter an invalid ServiceNow password, the PIN is generated, but upon session end the activity log will be emailed to the technician rather than synchronized with ServiceNow.
- Click OK.
A LogMeIn Rescue PIN is generated. Depending on email configuration, the technician receives an email with the PIN and sees a pop-up in ServiceNow, while the customer receives a PIN with a link to create a Rescue session.Remember: Receiving an email with the PIN code also depends on related settings on the Settings page of Rescue Integration in ServiceNow. See section Configure ServiceNow in Configure LogMeIn Rescue.
- Manage the session in Rescue.
Upon session end, the following information is synchronized from Rescue to ServiceNow:
- All chat dialog
- All session history and actions
- All information entered into the Notes & History tab during the session
Tip: Refresh the ServiceNow incident to see the synchronized information.