Troubleshoot Billing Issues
Steps to take if your billing information will not update, your subscription plan change will not update, or your automatic renewal is failing.
There are a variety of reasons why billing failures can occur. If you are experiencing issues, here are some recommendations:
- Confirm your billing details for accuracy. Ensure your name and address match those associated with your credit card.
- Contact your credit card issuer to check for any issues with your account.
Tip: Some examples could be that your credit limit has been reached or the card issuer is blocking the transaction.
- Try a different credit card, ideally from a different issuer if possible.
- For EU and UK customers, your transaction may need to be authenticated to be compliant with the SCA/PSD2, please take these steps to enable SCA:
- Reenter your existing credit card data OR enter a new credit card on the payment page.
- Follow the issuer prompts for any required authentication.
- If you have received an error that you have reached the maximum number of attempts in a 24 hour period, please wait 24 hours before reattempting.
- If you have tried all of the previous steps, please select the Contact Support option in this article for further assistance.
SCA/PSD2 (EU and UK customers only)
Recent and continuous updates to Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and Payment Services Directive (PSD2) may affect transaction approvals. The EU and UK are implementing procedures to make online payments more secure based on strong customer authentication. Under PSD2, banks and card issuers must implement the infrastructure for processing payments using SCA by July 31, 2023, require all customer purchases to use SCA by Oct 31, 2023, or decline transactions. Learn more about PSD2 and SCA from the European Commission.