Task 2.3: Set Up LogMeIn Rescue Post to URL
This enables Rescue session data to be stored in Salesforce at session end.
- In Salesforce, in the left navigation menu, go to .
- Under Custom URLs, click Edit.
- Click the Site Label to retrieve your unique Secure Web Address.
When concatenated with /services/apexrest/rescuebygoto/handler/RescueHandleURLPost, this becomes the URL to which data will be posted.
- Log in to the LogMeIn Rescue as an administrator for your Rescue account.
- Open the Administration Center and select the Technician Group you want to configure.
- Select the Settings tab.
- In the Administration Center, go to
and enter the full URL into the Post session details when session is ended field.
- Click Save changes.
How to Manage Private Case Sharing
If in the Setup menu, theis set to Private, you must create a sharing rule to allow the Site to modify or append data to the Case.
- In go to Case Sharing Rules.
- Click New and select the following options:
- Select Guest user access, based on criteria under Rule Type
- Under Criteria create the filter as shown below: Case number not equals [empty]
- Select the Rescue Integration Guest User under the Share with section.
- Select Read-only from the Case Access drop-down list
- Click Save.