Is LogMeIn Rescue Supported on macOS Big Sur?
Check out the frequently asked questions about macOS Big Sur support for LogMeIn Rescue.
- Can I support end users who have upgraded to Big Sur using LogMeIn Rescue?
- The customer facing applet is compatible with Big Sur and technicians can provide support to those users who have upgraded.
- What about supporting users who are not admins of their devices?
- Currently it is not possible to elevate a remote session on Mac OS and provide admin credentials via the Technician Console. This means technicians cannot currently provide support to users who do not have admin rights.
- Are there any workarounds to support non-admin users?
- As a temporary workaround Administrators can distribute the Unattended Installer to provide technician initiated support to non-admin users.
- Will I be able to provide support to non-admin users on Mac OS in the future?
- GoTo is working to develop an alternate solution that will allow technicians to support non-admins via the technician in the near future.
- I am a technician who has updated my machine to Big Sur - is the Technician Console compatible?
- Yes. The Technician Console is compatible with Mac OS Big Sur (11.01) You can download the Technician Console from here.
- Is LogMeIn Rescue supported on Macs employing the Apple M1 Chipset?
- Yes. Apple M1 chipsets are fully supported.