How to start a session on ChromeOS?
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a PIN code.
The agent must have an active LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile add-on license.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the PIN Code connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
Result: The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field.
Result: You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the PIN Code tab.
- Click Create PIN Code.
Result: LogMeIn Rescue generates a 6-digit PIN code and displays it in the Create New Session window and in the Session Log.
- Ask the customer to download and install the Rescue Android application from Google Playstore.
- Ask the customer to run the Rescue Android application.
- Ask the customer to enter the PIN.
Result: The customer clicks to download the applet if not already installed.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
Result: Customer Status will change to Active.