How to Set BlackBerry Device Permissions
This article gives guidance to Rescue technicians.
In some cases, the Mobile Applet will function only after your customer has granted appropriate Application Permissions to the Applet. Ask your customer to follow these instructions.
Note: Some customers may not be able to modify settings due to a centrally administered BlackBerry IT Policy.
- Depending on the BlackBerry OS your device runs, do one of the following:
- On devices running OS5 or earlier, in the device options, click Applications. If you cannot find the Applications menu, click .
- On devices running OS6 or later, tap .
- Highlight the LogMeIn Rescue application.
- Press the Menu key and then select Edit Permissions.
- Set the following permissions to Allow.
Note: You may only see Connections, Interactions, and User Data as permissions.
- Connections > Carrier Internet, Company Network, Wi-Fi
- Interactions > Interprocess Communication, Device Settings Modification, Module Management, Keystroke Injection, Screen Capturing, Security Timer Reset
- User Data > Files, Key Store
Tip: If a customer experiences problems with permissions, he can access permission settings during the Applet download process by selecting Set application permissions before starting the download. Rescue generally sets all required permissions automatically, so this feature should only be used as part of your troubleshooting efforts.