How to Make a Channel Available for Use
Master Administrators can configure channel details and integrate a channel link or form code into your support site.
- On the Organization Tree, select the channel you want to work with.
- Select the Channels tab. The Channel Configuration page is displayed.
- Enter a Channel name.
Result: This will be seen in both the Administration Center and Technician Console.
- Enter a Description (optional). This is for your own reference.
- Copy the appropriate channel link or code for your preferred channel type.
Option Description Channel link This method allows you to build a simple link into your website/intranet. Customers click the link to establish a support session. Custom Live Support Form This method allows you to host both a link on your website/intranet as well as a questionnaire which your customers have to complete. Custom Live Support Form with self-hosted Instant Chat For detailed information regarding Instant Chat and Instant Chat customization and integration, please refer to the GoTo Rescue Customization and Integration Guide.
- Integrate the channel link or form code into your support site.
Important: Channel integration is best performed by an experienced web developer.