How to Customize Instant Chat Language Files
The Instant Chat client is available in more than 25 languages. Follow the instructions in this section to add additional languages or otherwise customize the text and messages used during Instant Chat.
- If you are only using Instant Chat in Chat-only Mode (for example, on mobile platforms), download https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/InstantChat/LanguagesForChatOnlyMode.js
- If you also want to use Instant Chat with the Rescue Applet, download https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/InstantChat/LanguagesForAppletMode.js
- Add, delete, or redefine languages and edit text as required:
Sample language definition oLangNameArray["en"] = "English";
The file must contain at least one language definition, and must always include English.
If you want to have additional languages, you must customize the language drop-down in the CSS. For information about supported languages, see How to Track the Language of Customers with the Channel Form.
Sample string oLangChatModeArray["ENDED_SESSION"] = "<en>$1 has ended the session.</en><fr>$1 a fermé la session.</fr>...
You must not change the key definition.
In this sample, ENDED_SESSION is the key definition.
The language codes used in language definitions must match the codes used in the hash table.
Variables (such as $1, $2, etc.) can be deleted.
- Host the edited file(s) together with your Instant Chat CSS.
- Add the following parameters to your self-hosted HTML:
ICLoader.HostedLanguagesForChatOnlyMode = "http://[YourSite]/LanguagesForChatOnlyMode.js"; ICLoader.HostedLanguagesForAppletMode = "http://[YourSite]/LanguagesForAppletMode.js";