The Customer Experience: Rescue Applet
This article gives guidance to Rescue technicians.
It's helpful to understand the customer's experience during a Rescue session. The customer is asked to install this small executable file to his computer when a technician initiates a normal session.
Figure 1. Standard Rescue Applet interface
Customer capabilities using the Applet:
- Chat with the technician(s)
- View a detailed session log
- Allow or deny the technician the right to perform certain actions
- Send individual files to a technician
- Change the display font size
- Revoke permissions, such as remote control or file management, from the technician by clicking the large X in the upper-left corner
- End a session by clicking the small X in the upper-right corner
Note: The Applet automatically removes itself at session conclusion.