Starting a Screen Sharing (Broadcast) Session on an iOS Device
LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that technicians use to access remote computers and mobile devices. While this guide speaks directly to the customer, Rescue technicians can use this section to understand the end-user experience during a remote support session. "You" in this document refers to the customer receiving remote support.
The Rescue + Mobile iOS app (from v7.12.32 onwards) provides screen sharing functionality leveraging the iOS Broadcast feature introduced in iOS11. This enables technicians to solve issues on the customer's iOS device outside of the R+M app. When the app is sent to the background, the device screen is still transferred to the Rescue Technician Console.
- You must have LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile for iOS v7.12.32 (or above) from the App Store installed on a device running iOS11 (or above).
- The support technician must have an active Rescue+Mobile add-on license.
- Download the LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile for iOS app. Tip: If the app is already installed on your device, tap LogMeIn Rescue on your Home screen or app tray. For detailed information on how to download and install the app, see section Starting a PIN Code Session on an iOS Device in the LogMeIn Rescue Step-by-Step Connection Guide.
- You may see a notification screen. Tap Continue.
- The technician gives you a six-digit PIN code.
- Type the code in the box labeled Enter six-digit PIN code, and tap OK.
- If prompted, accept the End-User License Agreement by tapping Accept.
- On the Select Session type screen, select Broadcast.
Note: Selecting Chat starts a "normal" iOS support session with the basic set of capabilities (chat, device info, co-browse, etc.)Tip: If you have already set up Broadcast for the LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile iOS app, go to Step 9.
- On your device, navigate to , and tap Customize Controls.
- Under Customize Controls, include Screen Recording.
- On your device, open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom edge of any screen, and 3D touch/long press the Screen Recording icon.
Remember: You must apply 3D touch (iPhone 6S and above) or long press (previous devices). A simple, short tap is not enough.
- Select LogMeIn Rescue from the list.
- Tap Start Broadcast. The support technician can now view the screen of your device .
- To stop sharing your device screen, switch to the Rescue+Mobile app, and tap Stop Recording.
The Select Session type screen is displayed. The technician can no longer view the screen of your device.
- You can choose from the following options:
- to restart sharing your device screen, select Broadcast
- to stay in a "normal" iOS support session, select Chat
- to end the session, select Cancel