Starting a LogMeIn Rescue Lens Session by SMS
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using an SMS containing a PIN code.
Technician Starts the Session
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Rescue Lens sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the SMS connection method.
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select Rescue Lens as session type.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field.
Result: This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the SMS tab.
- Type the customer's phone number into the To: field.
Result: The SMS containing the PIN code will be sent to this phone number.
- Click Send SMS.
Result: A 6-digit PIN code is generated and sent to the customer in an SMS. The code is also displayed in the Create New Session window.
Customer Launches the LogMeIn Rescue Lens App
- Ask the customer to opens the SMS message, and click the link to launch the Rescue Lens app.
Note: If the LogMeIn Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK.
Result: At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the Technician Console once the customer has launched the LogMeIn Rescue Lens app, and accepted the End-User License Agreement.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.