Starting a Rescue Lens Session by Link and Messaging Tool
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a link that you send to a customer using a messaging service or related tool.
Technician Starts the Session
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Rescue Lens sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the Link connection method.
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select Rescue Lens as session type.
- Type the customer's name or identifier in the Name field.
Result: This name is shown on the Active Session tab and Session List.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click Copy link to clipboard.
Result: A session-specific link containing the PIN code is copied to your clipboard. The link is also displayed in the Create New Session window.
- Paste the link into your messaging tool and send it to your customer.
Customer Launches the Rescue Lens App
- Ask the customer to open the message and click the link or paste it into their browser to launch the Rescue Lens app.
Note: If the Rescue Lens app is not already installed on the customer's device, they are redirected to Google Play or the App Store to install the app first.The customer may see a tutorial. They can tap Skip or OK.
- The customer is prompted to grant access to the device camera and microphone. Ask them to tap OK.
Result: At this point the camera image may already be displayed on the customer's mobile device, but nothing is streamed to the Technician Console.
- Ask the customer to accept the End-User License Agreement.
Technician Supports the Customer
The session appears in the Technician Console once the customer has launched the Rescue Lens app, and accepted the End-User License Agreement.
The Rescue Lens support session starts; a live video feed is streamed from the camera of the customer's device to the technician. Lens audio enables the customer and technician to communicate via a VoIP connection.