Sharing your Screen with Customers
How to Share your Screen with a Customer
Give a customer view-only access to your desktop with a single click.
- The customer must be running the Rescue Applet or Calling Card
- Technician Screen Sharing will not function during Instant Chat until the customer has downloaded the Rescue Applet
- Technician Screen Sharing will not function when the technician is using the Technician Console for Mac.
- The customer must be running a supported Windows operating system (Screen Sharing is currently not compatible with Mac)
- Allow screen sharing with customers must be enabled at the Technician Group level in the Administration Center
- During an active session, click the Screen Sharing button on the Chat panel or on the Session toolbar.
Result: The customer will see your desktop in a new window.Important: If the customer's desktop is being displayed on your screen, the customer will see a confusing "mirror effect" during Technician Screen Sharing. To prevent confusion, do not share your desktop during remote control.
- To end Technician Screen Sharing and continue the support session, click the Screen Sharing button again.
Result: The customer can end Technician Screen Sharing by closing the screen sharing window. The session will remain active.
About Customer Controls During Technician Screen Sharing
Technicians should be aware of the following controls available to customers during a Technician Screen Sharing session.
- Full Screen
- The customer clicks Full Screen to open the technician desktop to cover the entire customer desktop area.
- The customer clicks Options to change color settings and viewing options.
- Multiple Monitors
- When the technician is using more than one monitor, the customer clicks the Monitors button to switch between available monitors.
- The customer clicks the zoom option to get a more or less detailed view of the technician desktop.
- Magnifying Glass
- The customer clicks the Magnifying Glass to activate a box that he can drag around the technician’s desktop to show a small area of the screen in high resolution.
- End Screen Sharing
- The customer clicks End to stop screen sharing. The End button is only available for the customer in Full Screen mode.