Is Rescue supported on Windows 11?
Microsoft released Windows 11 on October 5th, 2021. This FAQ is for Rescue users and their customers who plan to update to Windows 11.
- I am a Rescue Technician who has updated my machine to run Windows 11. Will the desktop version of the Rescue Technician Console still work for me?
GoTo has fully tested the desktop Technician Console for Windows and can confirm that Windows 11 is fully supported with no issues or changes to existing functionality.
- What about the Internet Explorer based version of the Technician Console?
Microsoft has made the decision to end-of-life Internet Explorer (IE) effective June 2022. As a result, Windows 11 does not include the Internet Explorer browser. This means users of the IE based Technician Console who upgrade to Windows 11 will only be able to use the desktop version of the Technician Console going forward.
- The IE based version of the Technician console is important to me, what if I want to continue using it once Windows 11 is released?
For those users who wish to continue using the IE based version of the Technician Console, GoTo recommends not to update to Windows 11.
- As Microsoft has announced and end-of-life date for Internet Explorer, does GoTo plan to end-of-life the IE based version of the Rescue Technician Console?
At this time there are no immediate plans to end-of-life the IE version of the Rescue Technician Console. GoTo will continue to review usage of the IE based Technician console, and users will be provided advanced notification of any end-of-life plans.
- Can I continue to support my customers via Rescue if they have updated to Windows 11?
If your customer has updated to Windows 11, you can continue to provide remote support using Rescue. GoTo has fully tested all customer facing components of Rescue - including the private session applet, Calling Card, Instant Chat, and Unattended Access entry points. Windows 11 is fully supported with no issues or changes to existing functionality.
- I or my customer have already updated to Windows 11 and have encountered an issue when using Rescue - what should I do?
Contact our support team for further assistance.
GoTo has made all reasonable efforts to test compatibility of Rescue with Windows 11. There may be unique configurations or subsequent patches provided by Microsoft that may impact Rescue functionality on Windows 11. Our support team will be happy to assist and escalate the issue as necessary.