Integration of Rescue and BoldChat
Integration of GoTo Rescue with BoldChat allows web site owners to combine live chat service with GoTo Rescue's remote support.
The BoldChat operator must be enabled as a technician in an active GoTo Rescue account.
BoldChat is Rescue-ready right out of the box. All an operator needs to do is authenticate himself with his Rescue credentials.
- In BoldChat, the operator clicks .
Result: A window is displayed asking for the operator's Rescue credentials.
- The operator submits his Rescue credentials.
Result: The operator can now escalate a BoldChat session into a Rescue session.
How it works
The operator must be in an active BoldChat session with a visitor.
- In BoldChat, the operator clicks to initiate a remote desktop sharing session.
Result: BoldChat prompts the operator for Rescue credentials.
- The operator submits credentials.
Result: In BoldChat, the operator is prompted to choose their preferred Rescue user interface.
- The agent selects a Rescue user interface method:
- Web-based TC
- TC Desktop App
Result: In Rescue Technician Console, a private session is created in Waiting status.
- In the Technician Console, the operator sends the visitor a prompt to download the Rescue applet by clicking Prompt for Download in the Chat-Only Mode window.
Result: In his BoldChat window, the visitor is prompted to download the Rescue applet to allow the remote session process.
- The visitor runs the applet.
Result: Remote control applet starts. Remote control starts.
Chat sessions are transferred between BoldChat and Rescue. That is, whatever the operator or the visitor type in either application appears in both places.