How to View a Technician's Desktop
Administrators can view the desktop of technicians in their organization from within the Rescue Technician Console.
- A Master Administrator or Administrator with both an administrator and a technician license can use this feature
- Both the administrator and the monitored technician must be running a Technician Monitoring enabled version of the Technician Console
- A Master Administrator can monitor any technician in an organization
- An Administrator can monitor any technician in a Technician Group to which he has administrative rights
- On the Technician Console Session toolbar, click the Monitoring button.
Result: The Monitor Technician dialog box is displayed.
- In the Monitor Technician dialog box, select the technician you want to monitor. Note: The list of technicians visible in the Monitor Technician dialog box depends on a permission granted by a Rescue Administrator.
Result: Optional: In a large organization, use the Filter field to locate technicians.
- Click OK.
Result: A connection is made to the technician's computer and a new Session tab appears in the Technician Console workspace showing the technicians name.
- You must authenticate yourself to the technician's computer. On the Session tab showing the technician's name, select an authentication method.
- Select Use current credentials to send the Windows credentials you used to log on to your current Windows session. You must be a Windows administrator or otherwise have user rights on the target machine.
- Select Add username and password to use a different combination with valid user rights on the target machine.
Tip: If the domain name is needed in the Username field, the acceptable formats are username@domain and domain\username.
- Select Request Authorization to ask the technician for permission to monitor his desktop.
- Click Launch Monitoring.
Result: The technician's desktop is displayed on the Session tab in your Technician Console workspace.Note: The technician will be notified if the Notify technician when monitoring desktop option is selected in the Rescue Administration Center on the Global Settings tab.