How to View a Customer's Desktop without Taking Control
Use Desktop Viewing to view a customer's desktop without taking control of the device.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to launch desktop viewing
- During Instant Chat, desktop viewing can only be started once the customer has downloaded the Rescue Applet
- The session must be Active
- On the Technician Console Customer Desktop tab, click Launch Desktop Viewing Session.
If the customer is prompted to accept or decline your request, ask them to accept.
- Use the Remote Control toolbar to manage the session.
During desktop viewing, some toolbar options are disabled. All other Workspace tabs remain available.
- To end desktop viewing, click the red X on the Remote Control toolbar.
Desktop viewing ends, but the session remains active.
How to Work with Multiple Monitors
When a technician is supporting a customer who is using multiple monitors, the Cycle Monitors button becomes available on the remote control toolbar.
Click the Cycle Monitors button to switch between monitors, or click the Select Monitor drop-down menu to select any or all of the customer's monitors.