How to Start a PC/Mac Session via Email
This article gives guidance to Rescue technicians.
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a link sent via email.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the email connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field.
You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the Email tab.
- Choose how you want to send the email to the customer:
- To use your own email client and account, choose Send email via my default email client on this computer.
- To allow Rescue to send the email, choose Send email on my behalf via the LogMeIn Rescue servers and enter a valid email address in the To field.
- Additionally, technicians with the mobile add-on can select This email is for a mobile device if the customer is using a smartphone. (If you know the customer’s platform, you can choose to manually set Device Platform using the drop-down list on the Create New Session dialog box. Manual detection may be necessary if local browser settings prevent automatic detection.)
- Click Email Link.
The email is generated (and sent if you chose to send the mail via the Rescue system).
- Ask your customer to open the message and click the link or paste it to his browser.
The customer sees a dialog box asking him to download the Rescue Applet.
- Tell the customer to download the Applet.
The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system and browser.
- Once the download is complete, ask the customer to click Run to execute the Applet.
Once the Applet is installed, the customer status will change from Connecting to Waiting.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
Customer Status will change to Active.
You can now use the Technician Console to deliver remote support.