How to Start a Mobile Session via PIN Code
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a PIN code.
The agent must have an active Rescue+Mobile add-on licence.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the PIN Code connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session.
The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field.
You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the PIN Code tab.
- Click Create PIN Code.
Rescue generates a 6-digit PIN code and displays it in the Create New Session window and in the Session Log.
- Ask the customer to go to the PIN code entry site:
- On devices running the Rescue+Mobile app, the user launches the app to view the PIN entry screen
- On devices without a Rescue+Mobile app, the PIN code entry site is oty.com or rescuemobile.com
- The customer enters the PIN.
The customer clicks to download the applet if not already installed.Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start.
Customer Status will change to Active.