How to Set Windows System Service Behavior
This article gives guidance to Rescue Administrators.
By default, the Rescue Applet is started as a normal application. You can set Rescue to launch the Applet as a Windows System Service whenever the customer has Windows administrative rights.
- On the Organization Tree, select the channel or Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Customer Applet, go to Automatically start as Windows System Service and select the appropriate options:
- Select if customer has administrative rights to launch the Applet as a Windows System Service whenever the customer has Windows administrative rights.
- Select and UAC is enabled to launch the Applet as a Windows System Service when the customer has administrative rights but is running an operating system with UAC enabled.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save Changes to apply the settings to the current channel or Technician Group
- Click Save settings to all channels/groups to apply the same settings to all channels or Technician Groups in your organization
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
Tip: If the customer does not have administrative rights, or is running a Mac, then the technician can manually restart the Applet as described in the “How to Restart the Rescue Applet as Windows System Service or Mac Daemon” section of Technician Console User Guide.