How to Set the Default Applet (Standard or Instant Chat)
Choose to run either the LogMeIn Rescue Applet or Instant Chat at the start of any session with a PC or Mac.
- On the Organization Tree, select the channel or Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Go to the Customer Applet section.
- Choose a Running Mode:
- Choose Use Instant Chat to activate all sessions for the selected channel or group as Instant Chat sessions in Chat-only mode.
- Choose Standard to activate all sessions for the selected channel or group as standard LogMeIn Rescue Applet sessions.
- For the standard LogMeIn Rescue Applet, you can select the following options:
- Select Display Customer Applet download page to show customers a standard web page that explains how to download the Applet.
- Select Use ActiveX Customer Applet if you want to install an ActiveX component on the customer device that will download and automatically run the Applet. Use this feature to overcome restrictions related to direct downloading of .exe files and to reduce the number of steps required to establish a connection.
Restriction: This method does not work for customers using Internet Explorer 11 and above, as these browsers do not allow .exe files to be run from an ActiveX control.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save to apply the settings to the current channel or Technician Group
- Click Apply to all channels/groups to apply the same settings to all channels or Technician Groups in your organization
- Click Apply to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups