How to Set Mobile Device Configuration Permissions
Set the device configurations that technicians can manage during sessions with a mobile device.
These settings only apply to agents with a Rescue+Mobile license who are members of a Technician Group with permission to Configure mobile device settings.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Mobile Device Configuration, select the features that technicians will be allowed to use while working with the Device Configuration tab in the Technician Console. These settings do not apply to the Click2Fix tab.
Option Description Email (IMAP/POP) Allow technicians to change email settings on an iOS device. Exchange ActiveSync Allow technicians to change Exchange ActiveSync settings on an iOS device. Access Point (APN) Allow technicians to change APN settings on an Android or iOS device. Passcode Allow technicians to change Passcode settings on an iOS device. Restrictions Allow technicians to change Restrictions on an iOS device. Web Clips Allow technicians to push Web Clips to an iOS device. Wi-Fi Allow technicians to change Wi-Fi settings on an Android or iOS device.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization