How to Set Connection Methods Available to Technicians
Choose which connection methods to make available to technicians on the Technician Console Create New Session dialog box.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Connection Method, select the connection methods you want to allow.
Option Description PIN Code Allow technicians to use the PIN Code connection method. Enter the URL of the site that customers use to enter the session PIN. The value will be shown to technicians on the PIN Code tab of the Create New Session dialog box.
Technician Console, Create New Session dialog box showing the URL to display when creating code session
Allow email via default client Allow technicians to use the email connection method and to send the email via their default email client. Allow email via LogMeIn Rescue servers Allow technicians to use the email connection method and to send the email via GoToLogMeIn Rescue servers. Reply-to address (optional):
Specify the email address to which replies to a session connection email are sent. To use the email address of the technician who sent the session connection email, leave this field blank.Restriction: Applies only to emails sent via LogMeIn Rescue servers!
Connection email subject The default subject line of all session connection emails. A technician can change the subject line in his email client. Connection email text The default introductory text of all session connection emails. A technician can change the text in his email client. Link Allow technicians to use the Link connection method. SMS Allows technicians to use the SMS connection method to start private sessions:
- For Rescue Lens sessions, available to all technicians with Rescue Lens permission
- For LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile sessions, available to technicians with a LogMeIn Rescue+Mobile license
- Save your changes.
- Click Save to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Apply to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Apply to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization