How to Prompt the Customer for Permissions at Session Start
This article gives guidance to Rescue Administrators.
Force the Rescue Applet to display a permission dialog before any other session activity occurs. Otherwise, customers are prompted when the technician first attempts a remote action, such as when launching remote control or requesting system information.
- On the Organization Tree, select the channel or Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Customer Applet, select .
- Save your changes.
- Click Save to apply the settings to the current channel or Technician Group
- Click Apply to all channels/groups to apply the same settings to all channels or Technician Groups in your organization
- Click Apply to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
Results: Once downloaded, the Applet will immediately display a dialog prompting the customer to grant overall permission that remains valid for the life of the session.
Important: If the customer denies permission upon startup, he will be prompted again for permission when the technician next attempts a remote action. If the customer accepts the first request, no further requests are made.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022