How to Post Session Data to a URL
This feature allows you to take the Rescue session data from your technicians and have them posted to a script you create on your own server.
To implement this feature, knowledge of web forms or XML handling is recommended. This feature requires you to code and host the target page/URL to which Rescue is sending data.
Note: LogMeIn does not support code troubleshooting.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Exporting session data, type the URL to which you want to post session details.
Note: When the Hide post session URLs setting is enabled on the Global Settings tab, users are required to click Show URLs to see or modify the values set for the given Technician Group. Clicking this button is recorded in the Audit Report log. For more information, see How to Hide Post Session URLs.You can post data in the following cases:
- Each time a session is started (each time it enters Active status)
- Only when a session is started for the first time (the first time it enters Active status)
- When a session is ended (enters Closed status)
- When a session is suspended by putting it on hold or transferring it to a technician
- When the Technician Console is refreshed or closed
- Enter a URL your technicians can access. For example: https://webserver/path
- For authentication, use this format: https://[username]:[password]@webserver/path
Attention: Sending sensitive session data and credentials via cleartext http protocol is NOT recommended.
- As appropriate, choose to post session details in one of the following formats:
- HTML Form parameters
- XML data
Restriction: This format is only available with Technician Console version 7.12.3341 and above.
- By default, the complete chat log is posted. To control how chat data is posted, select from the following options:
- Select Omit chat text from post to URL to post only system messages. All chat between the technician and customer is excluded.
- Select Omit chat from Rescue Data Center storage to ensure that only system messages are passed to the Rescue Data Center when a session is transferred or placed on hold, or when the browser that is running the Technician Console is refreshed or closed during a session. Only system messages will be posted at session end.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization