How to Invite an Internal Technician to Collaborate
This article gives guidance to Rescue technicians.
With Technician Collaboration, multiple technicians can simultaneously support a single customer. Technicians can improve problem resolution by inviting online and available technicians from their Rescue organization to an Active session.
- The customer must be running the Rescue Applet, Calling Card
- The session must be Active
- Send collaboration invitations must be enabled at the Technician Group level in the Administration Center
- On the Session List, select the Active session to which you want to invite another technician.
- On the Session toolbar, click the Invite Technician button. The Invite Technician dialog box is displayed.
- In the Invite Technician dialog box, select the technician you want to invite. Note: The list of technicians visible in the Invite Technician dialog box depends on a permission granted by a Rescue Administrator.Remember: Technician Collaboration is not designed to be used as a meeting tool. To achieve optimal performance, limit participation to four or five technicians. Performance will be impacted by the speed and power of the customer's device.
- In the Set Permissions section, select the permissions you want to grant to the Collaborating Technician. Note: All existing Technician Group permissions are applied unless otherwise specified by the Lead Technician, either at the time of invitation or during the session.
- In the Comment box, type a message to the Collaborating Technician.
- Click OK.
A Collaboration invitation is sent to the selected technician.
The Collaborating Technician sees the Invitation in his Session List.