How to download the Linux Applet for Rescue?
Follow this procedure to assist a Linux customer downloading the Linux Applet for Rescue.
The downloaded file is GoToRescue.zip
- Log in to the Technician Console.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session
Result: The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click Copy link to clipboard.
Result: A session-specific link is copied to your clipboard. The link is also displayed in the Create New Session window.
- Paste the link into your messaging tool and send it to your customer.
Result: Ask your customer to copy and paste the link into their web browser. The Rescue download page opens.
- Ask your customer to select Download
Note: The web page automatically detects that the customer is requesting a Linux applet because they are activating the download operation from a Linux machine.
Result: The applet is downloaded onto the customer's computer. Currently only Ubuntu LTS 22.04 is supported.