How to Add an Administrator
This article gives guidance to Rescue Administrators.
Administrators manage technicians and Technician Groups, generate reports, and more.
This option is only available to Master Administrators.
- Maintains all assigned technicians and Technician Groups
- Disables any technicians and Technician Groups if necessary
- Generates reports
- Configures support channels for assigned Technician Groups
- Can be assigned to multiple Technician Groups
- Can perform all functions of a technician (if licensed)
- Right-click the location in the organization where you want to add the new Administrator and click Create administrator.
A new administrator is added to the Organization Tree at the chosen location.
- To add the new administrator at the Administrators root-level, right-click Administrators on the Organization Tree
- To add the new administrator as a member of an existing Administrator Group, right- click the chosen group on the Organization Tree
- Make sure the user you want to work with is selected on the Organization Tree and click the Organization tab.
The Configuration page is displayed.
- Edit the following options:
Option Description Name The user's name as it will be displayed on the Organization Tree and in the Technician Console, if licensed. The email address the user will use to log in to LogMeIn Rescue. Single Sign-On ID The identification number the user will use to log on if Single Sign-on is active. Description This is for your own reference. New password The password the user will use to log in to LogMeIn Rescue.Note: To require the user to change this password when they first log in, make sure the Admin password changes force user to change password at next logon option is selected under the Password policies section of the Global Settings tab. Minimum password strength The minimum required password strength as set on the Global Settings tab under Password Policies.
- Under Status, select Enabled to activate the user.
- Click Save changes.
Tip: To assign the user to a group (or groups), drag the user's icon to a target group.