How do I join a Collaboration session?
This procedure assumes you have been invited by a lead technician to join a Collaboration session.
- Technicians can join Collaboration sessions by invitation only.
- Administrators can invite themselves using the Technician Monitoring feature.
- You see a session on your session list with the status Invitation. Select the session.
- On the session toolbar, click Start to accept the invitation and join the session.
- You can now participate in the session:
- You maintain all existing permissions that apply to your technician group unless otherwise limited by the lead technician.
- You can chat privately with the lead technician (and any other technicians who may later join the session).
- You can share your screen with the customer (if this feature is enabled for your technician group).
- To leave the session, click the red X in the collaboration panel (at the top of the chat panel). The session does not end; the lead technician remains active.