How do I invite Technicians to Collaborate?
Tech Collaboration requirements
- The customer must be running a supported operating system.
- The session must be Active.
- "Send collaboration invitations" must be enabled at the Technician Group level in the Administration Center.
Initiating a Tech Collaboration session:
Note: All existing Technician Group permissions are applied unless otherwise specified by the Lead Technician, either at the time of invitation or during the session.
- On the Session List, select the Active session to which you want to invite another technician.
- On the Session toolbar, click the Invite Technician button. The Invite Technician dialog box is displayed.
- In the Invite Technician dialog box, select the technician you want to invite.
- In the Set Permissions section, select the permissions you want to grant to the collaborating technician.
- In the Comment box, type a message to the Collaborating Technician.
- Click OK. A Collaboration invitation is sent to the selected technician.
- The collaborating technician will see the invitation in their Session List.
Restriction: Technicians cannot be invited to collaborate on mobile sessions.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022