External Content Portal
This article gives guidance to Rescue Administrators.
Add a link to any source of information that may help technicians do their job, such as a Knowledge Base, documentation, or other valuable support material. Technicians will see a link added to the menu in the upper-left corner of the Technician Console interface.
Figure 1. Sample Custom Informational Link
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Content Portals, go to External Content Portal.
- Select Show link in Tech Console menu to activate the feature.
- Enter the Link name as you want it to be shown in the Technician Console.
- In the Link opens new window at box, enter the URL of the site that will be opened when the link is clicked in the Technician Console.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Apply to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Apply to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022