Creating a Policy to Install the Rescue Calling Card for Mac
You can learn from article how to create a policy to install the Rescue Calling Card for mac.
- On the JamfPro dashboard, navigate to Policies under Content Management in the computers tab and click New to start creating a new policy.
- Configure the required settings:
- Display Name: A name of your choosing. This guide uses Install Zoom.
- Enabled: Checkbox selected
- Category: optional field
- Trigger: Select the checkbox for the Custom option.
- Trigger: Custom Event: Enter a name of your choice.
- Execution Frequency: Choose a frequency, for example Once per computer.
- Under Packages find your calling card and click Add.
- Choose a Distribution point if needed.
- Click Scope.
- Set the Target Computers you wish to apply the policy to.
- Click Save.
- Open the Terminal on your Mac.
- Run the following command to run the policy that installs the Rescue Calling Card for Mac on your computer by using the customer event name you specified earlier:sudo jamf policy -event InstallRescue
- Enter your administrator credentials when prompted.
- The installation process will start.
- Confirm that the Rescue Calling Card for Mac was installed in the Applications folder. Do not open the application now.