Controlling Technician Status
How to Set Technician Status Controls (Maximum sessions, Busy, Away, Auto-logout)
Rescue offers a group of settings that help you control technician status.
- On the Organization Tree, select the Technician Group you want to work with.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Under Technician Console, select from the following options:
Option Description Technician can handle maximum X active sessions Set the maximum number of simultaneous sessions that you want to allow technicians to handle. When the maximum number is reached, a technician will be unable to activate new sessions.Restriction: A technician can handle only one active Rescue Lens session at a time. Technician automatically goes into Busy state when handling more than X active sessions Sessions cannot be transferred to a Busy technician, but a Busy technician can see all sessions in his queue and pick up new sessions. Technician automatically goes into Away state after X min(s) of inactivity Sessions cannot be transferred to an Away technician, but an Away technician can see all sessions in his queue and pick up new sessions. Technician automatically logs out after X min(s) of inactivity Inactivity is measured as the time when no actions are taken in the Technician Console. Certain processes running in the Technician Console will prevent automatic log out, including the following: an open remote control, screen sharing, or file manager session; a pending file transfer; or an open save dialog.
- Save your changes.
- Click Save changes to apply settings to the current Technician Group
- Click Save changes to subgroups to apply the settings to the current Technician Group and all of its subgroups
- Click Save settings to all groups to apply the same settings to all Technician Groups in your organization