Using Voice Chat (VoIP Audio)
To make the co-browsing digital experience more personal, the agent and the customer can engage in voice chat leveraging Rescue Live Guide's VoIP capability.
Voice chat is available in the following browsers:
- Chrome Mobile
- Safari Mobile
Managing Voice Chat during a Session
- On the session toolbar, click the Enable Voice Chat button.
- For the first time you try to use your microphone in the given browser, you are prompted to grant permission to access this device.
Note: This step is not required for subsequent attempts as long as you use the same browser and the permission is not disabled in your browser settings.
Result: The sound input device selector is displayed.
- Select the microphone you want to use, and click Start voice chat.
Important: The microphone you choose here cannot be modified later during the session.
Result: You are notified that your call in progress, while the remote participant is also notified of an incoming call.
- In the audio/video widget notifying the remote participant about the incoming call, they should click Accept.
Note: Voice chat requires mutual consent. The audio connection is only established once the called party also accepts the call.
Result: The audio/video widget appears for both parties.Note:
- You can freely reposition the audio/video widget anywhere on the co-browse tab by drag and drop.
- To mute/unmute your microphone, click the Mute yourself / Unmute yourself button in the widget.
- To end the voice chat, simply click the Disable Voice Chat button on the toolbar.
Tip: You can enable and disable voice chat as many times as you want during a session.