Why do I receive error 413 when connecting to RescueMobile.com from my BlackBerry?
If your BlackBerry users receive "HTTP Error 413: Request Entity Too Large" when trying to download the Rescue+Mobile applet, this is due to their connection settings, which are controlled by their BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) administrator.
BES will usually limit the size of a single HTTP response to 128KB, by default. An application may produce error 413, when attempting to access anything larger than this. To allow larger requests, the system administrator should perform the following steps on the BES:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0:
- Open BlackBerry Manager.
- Right-click the server name and click Mobile Data Service Properties.
- In the General tab, under Flow Control, increase the Max KB/Connection value.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1:
- Highlight the server name and click the Connection Service tab.
- Click the Edit properties option.
- In the General property, under Flow Control, increase the Maximum KB/Connection value.